Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Podcasting

I listened to a few podcasts...But I didn't feel it! I guess I'm not a radio listener. However, the one that I liked the most was the Education Podcast Network. "Who Are You Really?" was the title of the podcast I listened to. Even though I wasn't able to listen to the whole podcast I found it interesting because it relates to becoming a better person.

I might listen to educational podcasts but I think I would prefer to download them on my I-Pod and listen to them in my car. I'm not sure that I would like to use this in our library. I think I would prefer videos and that is because I'm more visual. However, I think it might be helpful if the podcast is geared to fulfill the needs of our patrons. Maybe having teen podcast reviews for other teens could be fun. The Orange County Library System in Florida has my favorite page when it come to podcasting. And the reason I love it is because it also includes videos. I think this is something we should definitely use to promote programs such as storytelling, teens' programs, and to let patrons see what we do at our library.

No comments:

Post a Comment